Promo banners are fixed content used for dismissible announcements such as new tools, news, etc.
Pertains to content focused on benefits: a new tool, a new online benefit application, etc.
Points to email signups for various VA updates / alerts / communications.
Pertains to newly received or noteworthy information about the VA.
- Fixed to the bottom of the viewport
- In Formation’s current version, you will need to implement your own dismiss function
- Use for information that is safe to dismiss and can be accessed in other parts of VA.gov
- Be succinct
- Allow the user to dismiss
- Don’t use for critical information
- Don’t write content that will be more than 3 lines on a mobile device
- Don’t prevent user from dismissing
- Use more than one at a time