The process list, also known as the subway map, is used in a static informational context to describe the process to apply for a benefit or to provide tracking information to a user where they are in a given process.
When to use Process lists
- When users need to see a list of sequential steps.
- In a multi-step process where the user may need to track progress over an extended period.
When to consider something else
- The list is a checklist.
- The information is not sequential.
How to use Process lists
- Can be used to display up to 20 steps.
- List headings should start with a verb.
- Make headings clear and concise. You can always write more content in paragraphs and other HTML elements below the heading.
- Do not stack.