Help users to…
Keep a record of submitted informationUse: Deployed
When to use this pattern
When you are collecting information from users on a long form. The pattern provides the user with a printable record of their submission. A printed record provides a reference for future use and helps to confirm a successful form submission.
Confirmation page summary
Print preview of confirmation page summary
How to design and build
How this pattern works
- Create a summary of submitted information. Include a title for the summary page. An example message is: Your application information
- Include a recap of submitted information. Include the applicant’s name and date of application.
- Inform users to print the confirmation for their records. Notify users that they can print or download their application information. An example message is: You can print this confirmation page for your records. You can also download your completed application as a PDF.
- Include a “Print this page” primary button. A printed record provides a reference for future use. The “Print this page” button appears at the bottom of the summary page.
- Include a link to download the completed application in PDF format. The download link appears below the “Print this page” button.
The component that contains the prompt to print the confirmation page should appear under the Alert - Success component.
Components used in this pattern
Page templates available for this pattern
Review the USWDS Keep a record pattern for content considerations. The print styling differs between the VA and USWDS systems, but their high-level guidance is still relevant.
Review the USWDS Keep a record pattern for accessibility considerations.